Last Wednesday* {Engagement session}

So, this one time I had a dream. A beautiful dream. It was me and the boy I love more than anything in the world. We were out of doors, laughing and smiling and all of it was captured by an amazingly talented photographer.
Well, that dream came true ten-fold last Wednesday.

You all have heard plenty about my wonderful man, so the new important person to get to know is our darling photographer, Cami. I was introduced to this girl's photography by a stylist/friend at my mom's salon about three years ago. I was instantly inspired by her work and knew immediately that when I got married, she and none else was to be my photographer.
When Bronson and I got engaged, we were discussing photographers and I told him that the one thing I was going to be particular about more than anything was the photographer. For some brides, the cake, the dress, the venue, etc. is the most important detail. Not me. Pictures are where it is at. So, I showed Bron this photographer's website and after a few minutes of browsing through her website, we visited her "About" page, whereupon Bronson says, "I know her!" Much to my surprise, Bron and Cami went to high school together and her younger sister is one of his good friends. The world is so small.
So, in the world of Alex-and-Bron's wedding, the budget was adjusted accordingly and Miss Cami was hired! Now the deets of the day...

Arizona is dang hot. Like, ridiculously hot. It was decided very quickly that all parties were in favor of driving two hours north of Phoenix in exchange for cooler weather. Four of us loaded into my Jeep: Me, Bron, Cami, and her also-photographer husband, Brady.
We had three different locations. Our first took place on our way up north. Cami had us stop about half-way to capture some beautiful desert environment. Let me tell you, it amazes me how engagement photos turn out so well because the experience can be less than glamorous. Example: Navigating through a breezy desert terrain riddled with dry plants, sinking dirt/ground and cacti, all while wearing a long maxi skirt and heels. The world could have ended, people. I could have landed on a cactus and the session would be kaput. Thankfully, I am a trooper and only almost-fell a couple times.
The second location was in the historic downtown district of our little city up north.  It was great to be in a totally different environment for our second location. Definitely kept things fresh and fun. It was certainly a much more populated area and we had quite a few passerby's smiling at us and congratulating us, and also some crazy homeless people telling Cami's husband about their three failed marriages. Thaaaanks, lady. Your life story is just what I made the trip up here for! One of those things where you just have to laugh.
Location numéro très was probably my favorite. First off, because we all got a laugh. Right above where we were shooting was a train track, upon which a crazed homeless man was having a very loud, argumentative, and vulgar conversation with himself. In the world of the photographs however, we were in a beautiful, serene garden filled with flowers, foliage, light, and all the beauties of nature. The air was cool, the garden was wild and overgrown, it was a fairytale moment. It was a beautiful way to wrap up our shoot.

I must tell you how amazing and professional our lovely photographers were. Cami and her husband were just click-clicking away the whole time, constantly moving, giving easy direction to follow, and making both Bronson and I comfortable. There was such an ease about the shoot that it felt like we were just playing and having a good time. I hope that comes across in the photographs. I am sure it will. For now, my wonderful photographer gave me a tease to keep me from going bananas until she hands me over my disc of lovelies. Here ya go.

Happy in love.
[click to enlarge]

Comments

  1. I love that the homeless and crazies were part of this beautiful story =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am, too. All the more fun when remembering the day.:)

      Delete
  2. Haha sounds like you had fun! We miss you guys. Are you coming to the reception in 3 weeks? (holy cow I can't believe we are that close!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts