Gratitude

Apologies for my lack of blogging lately. I was on a roll for that first little bit. Then my computer went ka-put on me and I got bumped up to full-time at work, so there has been a bit more crazy added to my life. But all is well.

Exciting news -- Bronson and I finally picked our wedding date. I am elated to announce that we are being wed for time and all eternity on Saturday, September 1st of this year in the Mesa temple. I cannot say how happy I am to be able to be married in the temple. I have always had the vision of myself getting married there and that vision in my mind has kept me from losing myself many, many times. The temple already holds a special place in my heart as that temple is the very same that Bronson asked me to marry him at. To come full circle from engagement to wedding will be a beautiful moment to me.

Switching gears here -- the question I get asked the most lately: How are the wedding plans coming along? I never seem to have an answer. The few things I have gotten done:
  • Wedding date: Saturday, September 1st, 2012
  • Wedding location: Mesa, Arizona temple
  • Wedding colors: dusty pink, cream, and willow (see inspiration here)
  • Wedding dress/veil/shoes
Next on the list:
  • Save-The-Dates for our out-of-state attendees
  • Reception location
  • Booking our caterer and florist
  • Engagement photos
  • Invitations
These are just a few of the many things that need to be done. According to my to-do list from TheKnot.com, there are ELEVEN pages worth of things to check off. The list looks daunting, so I am taking it one step at a time.

One thing I will tell you is the second most-asked question I get: What can I do to help? In the last month and a half of being engaged, I have never felt more love and support sent in my direction. My immediate family is struggling something fierce right now and those close to my family are well-aware of our current trials. They have made such an effort to make sure that my needs for my wedding are taken care of. So many people...aunts, grandparents, family friends, have extended their hands in our direction and offered all the help I could ever ask for. How do you thank a person for that? I don't even know where to begin. All I know is that I have more than enough hands to help me through the next 125 days. I am so blessed.

Comments

Popular Posts